The National Association of Independent Reviewing Officers came into being on March 6th 2009.
The purpose of the Association is as follows:
To improve outcomes for looked after children in England, Wales and Channel Islands, by maximising the positive impact of the reviewing process. The ways that this purpose will be achieved may include:
- Strengthening the understanding and recognition of the role of the IRO
- Influencing the legal and policy framework for looked after children and the
- eviewing process at national and local level
- The development of a code of practice for IROs
- The promotion of high standards for the reviewing process for looked after children
- The development/commissioning/provision of high quality training for IROs
We do hope you decide to join. The more of us there are, the stronger our voice!
The Benefits of Membership
There are many important benefits that NAIRO brings to its members.
- Being part of an “IRO community”, which offers support, encouragement and advice for all our members
- Access to our online forum where members share ideas about improving practice and overcoming common difficulties
- The opportunity to influence law policy and practice and to participate in the campaigns that NAIRO conducts
- Access to a library of essential documents for IROs, including relevant law regulations and guidance, latest research about IRO practice and children in care, relevant court judgements and good practice documents
- Attendance at our annual conference and other events at a significantly reduced fee
- Please choose membership option and you will be transferred to the PayPal payments page.
Note: payment is required before membership is activated. You will be required to complete a membership form once payment is confirmed.
How to Join
Please download and complete the membership application form and submit to the membership secretary.