NAIRO is a community of practice, uniquely placed both to identify and source training specifically designed to meet IRO needs and increase the effectiveness of IRO practice. Our current portfolio includes:
- Application of the IRO Handbook
- Basic orientation for new and aspiring IRO’s
- Chairing Meetings
- Challenging Care Plans and defending the rights of children.
- Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder awareness for IROs
- Mental Health Awareness for IROs
- Placement Breakdown IRO interventions around prevention and management
- Working with Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children
Each course is available as a stand-alone training day contributing to CPD. Dates and venues are listed in our training diary. (link to page)
NAIRO can also be commissioned to deliver these trainings for Local Authority IRO teams and associated professionals.